In 2011, it was planned to take out the Samara river port from the arrow at the confluence of the Samara and Volga rivers for building a new stadium for the 2018 World Cup. The planning of the town-planning activities in the framework of this decision was based on the following objectives:
• ensuring reliable links of the projected football stadium with all areas of the city, external roads, airports, railway and river stations;
• arrangement of safe and comfortable approaches and entrances to the projected facility, ensuring the operation of the transport system during the World Cup 2018, other events and in the ordinary transport situation;
• provision of communication routes for vehicles of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, freight transport;
• ensuring the ecological component of the development of the transport system of the football stadium;
• installation of a vehicle storage system in accordance with the technical requirements of FIFA.